I have tried a lot of different gluten-free -chickpea flour pancakes, and these are my favorite. They are high in protein and healthy carbs that are high in nutrients and fiber, which keep me full for a long time.
What are Chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a type of pulse, a legume that grows in pods. They come from the garbanzo bean and are referred to as garbanzo beans or hummus. They are high in protein and fiber and can be used whole or ground into flour for baking goods like bread, pastries, and cookies.
Chickpea Flour is a Unique Alternative to Traditional Pancake Mix With Many Health Benefits.
Chickpea flour, also called gram flour, is a finely ground powder of dried, skinned, and split gram beans. Gram flour is gluten-free and can be substituted for all-purpose flour in many recipes.
A common ingredient in many gluten-free bread and pasta is chickpea flour. It is a healthy substitute for wheat flour because it doesn’t contain gluten and is high in protein; This makes it an excellent alternative for those who want to eat something that tastes similar to wheat but without the side effects of gluten intolerance.
You can make chickpea flour with ground chickpeas or pre-ground chickpea flour. You can also purchase it already prepared and packaged into a bag. It’s usually near other gluten-free flours or in the baking aisle of your local grocery store.
Why are Chickpea Flour Pancakes Healthy?
Chickpeas are a legume that is high in protein. They are also rich in dietary fiber, folate, and copper. Chickpea pancakes are a healthy option because they are gluten-free and vegan. They also have low calories and high dietary fiber, which helps digestion.
Health Benefits of Chickpeas on the Heart
Chickpeas are a type of legume that is high in protein, fiber, and folate. Chickpeas have been shown to reduce blood cholesterol levels, decreasing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Current research has shown that chickpeas can reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood cholesterol levels. The fiber in chickpeas helps to lower LDL or “bad” cholesterol, while the folate in chickpeas helps to reduce homocysteine levels.
Chickpeas are a great source of protein, fiber, and folate. They also have a low glycemic index which means they won’t spike your blood sugar levels and can help lower cholesterol levels.
How to Make the Perfect Pancakes With Chickpea Flour | The Recipe
Making the perfect pancakes with chickpea flour is not as hard as it might sound. All you need to do is follow these simple steps, and you will be ready to make your delicious pancakes.
- # 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- # 2 teaspoons Baking Powder or 1 tablespoon baking soda
- # 3 tablespoons unrefined sugar, either coconut sugar or sugar-free erythritol/Monk
- # 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Almond Milk Vanilla, unsweetened, or the plant milk of your choice.
# 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
# 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mix the chickpea flour, baking powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk almond milk in dry ingredients until it is smooth. Be aware that chickpea flour can form lumps very quickly. To prevent this, mix with a strong beat until no lumps are left. It’s okay to have some lumps; however, the fewer, the better! It is also possible to blend the batter with a blender to create a smooth texture.
- Prepare a non-stick pan or griddle for pancakes that are non-stick under moderate temperature. Use a little vegetable oil on the pan, around 1/2 teaspoon. I recommend rubbing a bit of absorbent paper coated with oil onto the pan to prevent over-use of oil. Too much oil can cause your pancakes to be burned, and that’s not what you want.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter onto the pan or griddle.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes on either side or when bubbles form in the middle of the pancake.
- Place a spatula underneath the pancake, then flip it over. Cook for another 1 minute for the opposite side or until the middle is cooked and the pancake is soft.
- Let it cool on the rack. Then repeat until all of the batters are gone.
- Serve right away!
I love eating these delicious pancakes with either the zero-calorie Walden Farms caramel syrup or plain maple syrup.
A Good Non-Stick Pan is Perfect For Making Chickpea Flour Pancakes
One thing I have learned about cooking is that it is not just about what you cook but also the tools you use. In my experience, the best tool for making chickpea flour pancakes is an excellent non-stick pan; This is my favorite non-stick pan and griddle! If you’re looking for superior quality cookware for your kitchen, these are for you!
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.